Saturday, February 28, 2009

Paper pockets

So I saw this on Scrapbook memories & thought it would be a fun thing to make. I've been making manget paper dolls for my daughter & she needs somewhere safe to keep them.
So lets get started: all u need is a 12x12 sheet of paper or cardstock, 1 cutting blade, 1 scoring blade & some really good glue, (I used my glue runner) u could also use double sided tape.
The 1st thing is to cut the paper in half, (so then it will messure 12x6) I used double sided paper, but whatever u would like is fine.

Next we're going to score a line, I done my at 3 1/2" I've also done a 4" one (it's the last photo) It really depends how deep u'd like ur pocket to be. Just don't go too small.
With the score line made, we're going to fold it up, so that will become the pocket, once the score line is all the folded, open again & glue ONLY THE SIDES, then refold & make sure it's stuck really well.
This is what the back looks like now. Just add some more glue to all the edges, as we're going to stick it to a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cardstock.

There u have it, it's really that simple & super cute.
Here's another one I made, this is the one that has 4" pockets.

Thanx for stopping by, come back soon!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment